February 6th, 2011
|mobilityblog||02:24 am - NYC youth with disabilities: Spend the summer in Spain!|
NYC youth with disabilities - spend part of the summer in Spain on a leadership and cultural exchange! Eight young adults with disabilities from New York City will kick-off their summer in Madrid, Spain. Generous scholarships available! Visit http://www.miusa.org/exchange/currentprogs/spain/spain2011 for more details and to apply.
When: 10 days: June 24 - July 4, 2011
Where: Madrid, Spain
Application Deadline: March 1, 2011
Applicants Must Be:
- U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents
- From New York City (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island)
- Ages 18 – 24 by July, 2011
- Individuals with a disability: MIUSA programs include people with all types of disabilities and from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Committed to working across cultural, disabilities and other differences to promote intercultural understanding.
sounds like a great group for helping children/young adults :)